Raspberry Pi with at least 4GB of RAM (8GM is better if you can git it)
You also need a 1TB SSD. I use the Samsung T5 external SSD. ($119 USD on Amazon) I first tried to use a faster M.2 drive but it caused a bunch of random errors.
Here is a nice recommendation from BTC Noob!
Suggestions for improving the UMBREL hardware purchase list:
A. Argon ONE M.2 Case for Raspberry Pi 4:
1. Put your M.2 SSD into your Pi 4 case (no external SSD, no USB cable),
2. Case comes with an internal fan,
3. Case changes your two miniHDMI ports to full-sized HDMI.
B. Argon40 Pi 4 Power Supply:
*MUST* get the Argon40 Power Supply: 5.25V @ 3.5 A!
US Plug – Argon ONE Pi 4 Power Supply (Raspberry Pi)
1. 0.25 extra Volts to overcome voltage drop across PSU cable and USB-C connector,
2. 0.5 extra Amps to power SSD and fan.
Easy as Pi! 🙂